Metro Cities Forecast
Mt. Hood & Ski Forecast
Columbia River Gorge
NW Regional Weather
Satellite and Radar
Live Camera Network
Metro Valley Currents
Daily Climate Reports
Oregon Hourly Temps
Washington Hourly Temps
Rod Hill Bio
Rod's Weather Headlines
Snow Storm Sets Records
Below is a list of PDX records and weather facts from our big storm:
1. 9.4" at PDX over a 24-hour period Feb. 12-13th sets the all-time February record for a single 24-hour event.
2. The 9.6" of total snow this month is 2nd all time for the month of February. (Record is 13.2" in 1949)
3. The snowfall is the most on the ground in Portland since December of 2008 when 19" fell during the month and Christmas Day had 10" on the ground.
4. February 12, 13, 14 all set records for the coldest high temp. for the date at 30°, 30° & 32°.
5. February 12th tied a record low of 24° for the date and was the coldest low temp at PDX during the event, along with 24° on the 13th.
6. PGE says it was the worst storm in terms of power outages in some 40 years or more. (Columbus Day windstorm was Oct. 1962)
My dog Maximus in the snow. We had 10" at our home Friday night and a storm total of 13 inches.